USDA loans are primarily used to help low-income individuals or households purchase or refinance homes in rural areas.
Current Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac jumbo loan limits are to $729,750 depending on the location of the property.
USDA Loan Program features:
- No down payment requirement for qualified borrowers
- Specifically for clients who may be challenged to qualify on income for a home purchase in an eligible rural area
- Funds can be used to build, repair, renovate or relocate a home
For USDA Refinances:
- Low minimum credit score requirements:
- Minimum 550 credit score
- Minimum 500 credit score if your loan is currently serviced by LockCreek Mortgage Services
- Program detail:
- Available only in certain states*
- Maximum loan amount is determined by county maximum limits and pay off amount
*Eligible states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MS, MO, MT, NV, NJ, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, WA, WV, WI.